My Life As A Dad...

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Emerging From The Shadows...

OK, it's bothering me that I have not written anything here in a while. I got hung when I decided that my next post was going to be the most inspiring and informative post ever written. I guess I just can't meet my own expectations. I do that a lot...

So I'll just write about what I'm thinking about right now, this minute. Hmmm... What am I thinking?

As I was reading the news this morning I started to ponder the presence of anger, rage and hatred that seem to be so prevalent in the world today. Maybe I should stop reading the news because it really does overwhelm me. When I think of my kids it terrifies me. How can I keep them safe from all of this madness? The greatest challenge in being a parent is to protect the innocence of the children while not being too controlling and to keep them safe while letting them go and explore the world around them. There are no easy answers to what the right thing to do is. It changes every second. If I did not have years, maybe life times, of spiritual practice then I would be completely lost. In fact, if I did not have a dedicated practice of self reflection I would probably be a lot like my parents. I can't think of any other thoughts that would motivate me more to take the difficult path of conscience parenting and conscience living. Slow down, breathe and don't panic are the mantras of my parenting life.



This was surprisingly accurate:

You scored as Cultural Creative. Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative

100%

Idealist

81%

Romanticist

50%

Existentialist

50%

Modernist

38%

Materialist

31%

Postmodernist

31%

Fundamentalist

19%

What is Your World View? (corrected...hopefully)
created with QuizFarm.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home