My Life As A Dad...

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I'm Back and What's Going On

I finally converted to the Google owned blog manager, and it actually worked this time! The last 2 years have been a real challenge for me. I was laid off from work... twice... and I had surgery on my left shoulder to remove some bone spurs and repair the tendons. Now I am back at work and my shoulder works great and my kids keep growing and getting older.

On another topic, my grandfather died on January 15th. He was 84 years old and his heart just stopped while he was eating breakfast. We weren't that close. He was never a part of my everyday life, in fact I haven't spoken to him more than once or twice a year since I was a kid. But he was a good man who respected all people and who always had a joke to tell. His passing has given me pause to reflect on the meaning of family. We weren't close, but I miss him. I may never understand why, but I am now more aware of reaching out and sharing more with the rest of my family.

Onward...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home